It is held on the beautiful shores of Fowler Lake in Fowler Park.
Detailed guidelines for registration:
- On the weekend of the festival, registration begins Friday, August 15th at 5 pm. We will have all artists line up in their vehicles as they pull into the park. They will register at that time. No walk ups. (No entry into the park before 5:00.) Saturday morning 6 am to 8 am. All artists not registered by 8 am will be considered "no shows" and will lose their spot in the festival. All vehicles need to be out of the park at 9:30 am or before.
- Only the artists who juries into the show will be allowed to register for the festival. We will ID those artists at registration. The listed artist must be at the festival for the entire festival displaying the juried style and quality of work.
- All booths are on the grass.
- Because of complaints from Artists we will not allow walk in registration. Please drive your vehicles into the park's main entrance to register so that you can go right to your spot and set up.
- You will receive artist packets at registration.
- Festival supplied booth signs will be put up on your tent Sat. morning on the top right front of the booth. These signs must remain up for the entire show. If removed the artist will not be judged.
- All artists will show an ID at registration before entering the park. The listed artist must be at the festival for the entire festival displaying the juried style and quality of work. Artists will drive their vehicles into the park to register. You will receive artist packets at registration.
- Artists must stay until the end of the day on Sunday. If you leave early you will not be allowed back into the festival for several years.
- Artists will be given a name badge - Please wear it for the duration of the show.
- Our tax rate is 5.1%. We are not able to make change for you during the festival. Please see one of our many banks to help you prepare for this type of event.
- The city park does not allow dogs. Please do not bring your dog.
- As always we have 2 new judges who choose the award winners. We award winners cash prizes in every category as well as Best of Show on Sunday.
- The winners in all catagories are announced at a wonderful dinner party held at a private home on Lac La Belle Saturday evening
Fine art shows that are lucrative
I am looking for fine art shows across the country that are good shows.
I am also looking for boutiques that I can contact regarding wholesale orders. If you can suggest some boutiques in your area, I would appreciate it.
2005 Essence Music Festival Artist
2005 National Black Arts Festival Artist
Philly new media artists
I'm looking for young artists (under 30) to feature in a presentation for the National Conference of Artists (this year in conjunction with the National Black Arts Festival in Atlanta) on âemerging artistsâ in the Philadelphia area. I am presenting artists who are African-American or of African descent.
Iâd love to show some new media work, like an interactive video art installation or a really great screen based work, but it's near impossible to find black artists working in this medium. Are there no black new media artists in philly? or are they all hiding behind t
Fyi: some new josÃ© gonzÃ¡lez dates
Finally some shows in the northwest!
06/16 - El Rey, Theatre, LA
06/17 - Bimbos 365, Club, SF
06/18 - Doug Fir Lounge, Portland
06/19 - Neumos, Seattle
06/20 - Richards on Richards, Seattle
06/23 - Cedar Cultural Center, Minneapolis
06/25 - Intonation Music Festival, Chicago
06/26 - tba, Toronto
06/27 - Theatre National, Montreal
06/28 - Museum of Fine, Arts, Boston
06/29 - Bowery Ballroom, New York
06/30 - Black Cat, Washington DC
07/01 - World Cafe, Philadelphia
07/03 - Bowery Ballroom, New York
08/27 - Hollywood Bowl, LA
2007 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Confirmed Artists:
The White Stripes
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
The Flaming Lips
The String Cheese Incident
Bob Weir & Ratdog
Ziggy MarleyThe Decemberists
Kings of Leon
Michael Franti & Spearhead
The Black Keys
Keller Williams (WMDâs)
Sasha & John Digweed
Old Crow Medicine Show
The Hold Steady
North Mississippi Allstars
Fountains Of Wayne
John Butler Trio
Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys
The Richard Thompson Band
Cold War Kids
But I will list some of them here
AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation